Technical solutions introduced into MOTGUM’s pantographic wiper range guarantee perfect performance and wiping quality on very large surfaces. Pantographs can be successfully used on flat-windscreen buses, tractor cabins, locomotives or even ships. They inherit their best features from truck and bus wipers (durability and structure stiffness) and wiper arms (exceptional resistance to corrosion).
Metal parts (brackets, arms, straight-liners):
– made of strain-hardened steel sheets with anti-corrosion aluzinc coating above 25ľm,
– rolled, zinc-coated steel bars of improved stiffness (C45 material), with calibrated arm tip for easy and reliable wiper assembly,
– arm heads made of aluminum or aluzinc,
– sleeves and rivets manufactured on precision turning lathes, made of certified corrosion-resistant raw materials.
– specially designed, purpose-manufactured springs and joints (CII material), selected to comply with most rigorous dynamic requirements. These provide prefect pressure of wiper blade against the windscreen in all conditions.
Rubber blade – made of a rubber compound based on 100 per cent natural rubber and 12 other chemical compounds with addition of graphite which improves friction factor and prevents noisy wiper operation. A unique technology of adding graphite on the compound level – rather than spraying it on the surface – eliminates any residue on the windscreen. MOTGUM rubbers blades comply with respective FIAT and GM norms regarding mechanical properties, wiping quality and ozone resistance.
Side springs – made of acid-resistant steel 1.4301 (1H18N9) of strength exceeding 1500 N/sq. mm.
Plastic parts – made of PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate) – a plastic resin of exceptional mechanical properties and high endurance to atmospheric factors.
Coating – paint: polyester resin of high resistance to UV radiation and atmospheric factors (salts, acids, exhaust pollution).